Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Day 20 - The Disciples Part 1

I didn't get up as early as I wanted to.  My alarm went off at 6am, but I still didn't have enough time to complete my Bible study because I had some other paper work to do.  


Mark 6: 47-50

47 Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. 48 He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o’clock in the morning[i]Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended to go past them,49 but when they saw him walking on the water, they cried out in terror, thinking he was a ghost. 50 They were all terrified when they saw him.
But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!”


2. Pore over the passage and paraphrase the major points:

- The disciples were going about their business
- Jesus saw they were having serious trouble - rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves
- Jesus walked on the water toward them
- The disciples thought Jesus was a ghost and they were terrified
- Jesus spoke, "Don't be afraid.  Take courage! I am here!"


See Day 21 for the rest of this study.



No comments:

Post a Comment