Thursday, March 22, 2018

Day 8 - Moses

How could it be 6am already? Didn't I just go to bed?  Yes, I was up too late last night.  As I knelt there on my prayer mat I started asking myself questions, "Why do I want to snooze everyday?"  "What do I get out of snoozing?"  "Where can I find comfort in the morning instead of finding it in rolling over and going back to sleep?"  God is starting to address the "why"'s of my addiction. 

Exodus 4:1

But Moses protested again, “What if they won’t believe me or listen to me? What if they say, ‘The Lord never appeared to you’?”


2. Pore over the passage and paraphrase the major points:

- Moses protested again.
- Moses had the "What if"'s
- Moses was feeling insecure, worried, reluctant, and fear.
- What if:  1) They don't believe me?
                  2) They don't listen to me?
                  3) They think I'm making it up?

3. Pull out the spiritual principles:

i) Moses went straight to God with his protest - not to other people.
ii) This wasn't Moses' first time protesting.  Exodus chapter 3 is about the burning bush where God appeared directly to Moses and told him straight out what to do.  Moses protested.  He doubted.  He questioned.
iii) Even Moses, who had the burning bush experience, was still afraid to do what God was calling him to do.

** "We often build up events in our minds and then panic over what might go wrong.  God does not ask us to go where He has not already provided the means to help.  Go where He leads, trusting Him to supply courage, confidence, and resources at the right moment." (from the verse explanation in the Study Bible).

4. Pose the question:

- What am I protesting out of fear and insecurity?
- Am I putting off something that God explicitly told me to do?
- Have I built up a scenario in my mind and then panicked about it?

5. Plan obedience and pin down the date:

- When I feel insecure, talk to God first.  Acknowledge my feelings to Him.
- When I worry about not being believed, trust that God will look after how others respond.  I cannot control how other people respond and what they believe about what I've said.
- I must do what God has called me to do, despite my fear of not being believed.
- I commit to spending a half an hour a day, at least 5 times a week, writing my book series.

6. Pray:

Lord God, when I am afraid Iw ill trust in You.  You give me strength, courage, and the promise to always be with me.  Help me work through my fear of not being believed and leave the outcome to You.  Help me focus on my calling instead of my fears.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment