Tuesday, August 6, 2019

My Passion is Different (and that's okay)

It's okay that weight loss is not my main priority.  Do I want to be healthy? Of course.  However, it's okay that I don't live every day with my main goal as losing weight. 

I follow a lot of people on Instagram who have weight loss, exercise, and physical health as one of their top daily goals.  And, that is great for them.  They spend their lives motivating others to be healthier, and I commend them for that.  They have found their calling, or at least part of it, and they are living that out.  I think that is amazing, and I learn from them.

The thing is, we can't all be fitness people. Nor are we all called to be fitness people.

I have to give myself permission to be okay with the fact that I am not one of those people.  Yes, I will always work on my weight and health, but not to motivate others, per se.  I can be so hard on myself, thinking I need to be posting my workouts (when I actually go to the gym), the healthy meals I eat, and what my weight is.  But, that's not me.  

I did try that once.  I signed up to be a Beachbody coach.  I enjoyed the shakes, I took pictures daily, I worked out at home every morning.  It was a good lifestyle for a while, and I saw changes in my body.  But, I wasn't invested in it.  And, that's okay.



I do my make up every day, but I have never posted one make up video.  For some, that is their thing, but, it is not mine. 

Some thrive on clothing styles and brands and build a business around it.  I need those people so I know that what I am wearing is at least somewhat in.  If I posted my daily outfits, it would be mostly jeans and a t-shirt - or some combination of such.  

Some are passionate about a particular product and use their efforts to bring awareness and make sales.  I will sometimes buy the product, but I have no desire to sell the product.  And, that is totally okay

There are many passions out there - teaching, coaching, talking, designing, creating, cooking, etc.  The list can go on and on.

I used to believe that since I struggle with my weight, and I am working on being healthier, then I should be sharing that journey.  But, my passion is something completely different.  

And, that is okay

Let's embrace our uniqueness!

No comments:

Post a Comment