Monday, March 26, 2018

Day 12 - Israelites and Others

Monday morning... I woke up before my alarm today but I didn't dare open my eyes to look at the time.  I don't want to know if I have five more minutes to or two hours. As much as I would hope it would be two hours, I would feel disappointed if it was only five minutes.  How much longer I have to sleep is an unknown that I can live with. 

Deuteronomy 2:25

"...Beginning today I will make people throughout the earth terrified because of you. When they hear reports about you, they will tremble with dread and fear.’”

2. Pore over the passage and paraphrase the major points

- The Lord told the Israelites He will make people terrified because of them.
- They will hear reports and will tremble with dread and fear.


3. Pull out the spiritual principles:

i) "With God before us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 - this was the verse verse that popped into my mind after reading this passage.
ii) God goes before us in our battles.
iii) "Moses no longer had to worry about his enemies because his enemies were worried about him." (from the verse explanation in the Study Bible).
- The Israelites complained the whole way along, but God still chose to make them mighty.

4. Pose the question:

- Do I walk into battle knowing that God went ahead of me?
- Do I fear someone so much it makes me tremble?
- Will God turn that around in my life?

5. Plan obedience and pin down that date:

- Live life trusting that God is going ahead of my into battle - and there will be battles.
- When God is with me, which is always, I don't need to worry about the other side.

6. Pray:

God, help me to trust you and to walk into battle without fear because You have gone ahead of me and prepared the way.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment